Apply for this position
Go through the steps on our recruitment portal if you are interested in this position.Apply
Coconut Lizard and our sister studio, d3t are at the cutting edge of technology and creativity, delivering co-development video game services to our global triple-A clients.
Our successful studio is growing and we are looking for a Technical Artist to join the expanding Art Team.
Our studio, part of the Keywords Studios Group, works on multiple exciting projects at any one time offering plenty of variety and involvement. Our studio projects have included: EA Sports FC 24, Hogwart’s Legacy, Vampire: The Masquerade - Blood Hunt, Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Alan Wake Remastered, Mafia II: Definitive Edition and Assetto Corsa Competizione.
Our studios are based near Daresbury, Cheshire and Newcastle, Tyne & Wear where we offer an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment. We are passionate about what we do and pride ourselves on our anti-crunch mentality, mentoring ethos and have been awarded 'Best Places to Work’ multiple times by gamesindustry.biz including 2022 and 2023. In addition, we won ‘Best Creative Service Provider‘ at Develop 2022 and were nominated in 2023.
The Role – Technical Artist
The Technical Artist will be a key part of our growing team. We are looking for a creative problem solver to support both the Art and Animation team requirements, assisting with resolving technical issues, streamlining workflows, improving performance and creating toolsets.
We work with high-profile clients on amazing game titles and the Technical Artist will get to work on a wide variety of projects, raising the bar of the art productivity and efficiency, and therefore helping us satisfy and retain their loyalty.
- Responsible for helping to establish and maintain project art pipelines from inception and throughout the project life cycle.
- Support the art and animation team requirements and assist with resolving technical issues.
- Ensure all artwork hits memory and frame rate guidelines/restrictions.
- Ensure all artwork adheres to guidelines regarding naming conventions, texture layering structures etc.
- Be proactive in finding solutions to technical issues.
- Advise the Senior Technical Artist of any concerns or productions risks.
- Encourage and mentor other members of the Technical Art Team.
- Collaborate with the artists and feedback on how they can improve the performance of the in-game assets while maintaining visual fidelity.
- Assist with creating and integrating in-house toolsets and be involved in creating materials/shaders.
- Keep up to date with industry advancements and technologies and share knowledge with the art team.
Skills we think you should have
We offer a flexible working policy – this Technical Artist role has the option to be studio based, hybrid or remote within the UK (not overseas). For hybrid and studio-based you will have the option to be based out of the Daresbury, Cheshire or Newcastle, Tyne & Wear sites.
Initial interviews will be help by video call with a second interview at the studio depending on applicant’s location.
Don't meet every single requirement? Not a problem - please apply. Our studios are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace and culture. If this opportunity excites you but your current skills or past experience don't align perfectly with the job description, we encourage you to still apply. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles within our team.
Internal Use -
Role Information: EN
Location: Europe, UK, Runcorn
Area of Work: Game Development
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
Working Pattern: Hybrid, Remote, In-Office
These are just some of the many benefits offered by our studios:
- 25 days holiday (+ bank holidays + up to 5 days extra for length of service)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme (including dental) & Eye Care Scheme
- Anti-crunch ethos - an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment!
- Income Protection
- Annual Bonus – be rewarded for great teamwork!
- Free Parking
- Tech and Bike Scheme
- Company Share Scheme
- Game Vouchers
- Company Socials, Project Launch/Wrap Parties + Annual Events
- Breakout Areas – filled with perks such as games, BBQ area, complimentary snacks to suit all dietary preferences etc.